“My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality. It’s also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.”
1 John 3:18-20 MSG
Practice Real love:
1. Call someone to see how they are doing.
2. When having a conversation let them talk and you listen.
3. Pick veggies from your garden, or fruit from your trees, or leftovers from dinner, and drop them off to someone that can use it.
4. When buying groceries purchase a few items for someone that is in need. Drop them off with a note thinking of you.
5. Send a card in the mail to cheer someone up.
Even during this pandemic, there are ways to help people feel loved. I was sick last weekend with the normal flu. Matthew, Ginger, and Lily came to the rescue. They left a basket on our doorstep with fun items to cheer me up. It contained a room deodorizer, candle, toilet paper, crossword puzzle, powder, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, liquid hand wash, and Power Ade sports drink. I burst out laughing, but I felt special and loved by my friends.
Please take a moment to share an idea that we can do to show love to others! Thank you,